Limit Less in the news
Read and explore the positive media coverage that the campaign has generated.
The Limit Less campaign is about encouraging and supporting more young people from under-represented and underserved groups to do physics post-16.
Limit Less doesn’t look to just challenge these myths with young people themselves, but to influence the influencers of young people – reaching out to their families, teachers and communities, to the adults in their lives that they may seek advice from.
We are also looking to influence politicians and policy-makers, journalists, social media creators and other people in the media, to shape the messaging young people receive about physics there.
See the coverage of our campaign so far, categorised by topic.
Limit Less general
- May 2022 World Economic Forum (and republished by Queen Mary University London): There are reasons girls don’t study physics – and they don’t include not liking maths
- November 2021 The Times Higher Education (register for trial or behind paywall): Institute of Physics puts skills at centre of latest reinvention
Daily Mirror print newspaper cutting on TikTok campaign, 28 December 2021
Family and community
- September 2022 Silicon Republic: From farming to energy – there’s more than meets the eye in physics
- September 2022 Business & Finance magazine (pages 94-95): We Need a Limit Less Generation
- July 2022 Islington Gazette: Superheroes and scientists: Children’s exhibition makes physics fun
- October 2022 The Primary Science Teaching Trust’s Why & How? magazine issue 16 (pages 43-47): Wider collaborations, The Institute of Physics
- September 2022 Education in Science (page 30): A Limit Less life with physics (PDF, 159KB)
- June 2022 Tes (register for trial or behind paywall): Getting girls into Stem subjects: what Scotland is doing
- October 2021 Educate: Whole School Equity Plans lead to positive change, say teachers
- June 2022 Physics World: Using social media to turn people on to physics, vacuum supplier sets science-based targets for greenhouse gas reductions
- March 2022 Nature: TikTok for physics: influencers aim to spark interest in science
- December 2021 The Telegraph (register for trial or behind paywall): Institute of Physics experiments with TikTok stars to win over new generation of scientists
- December 2021 The Times (register for trial or behind paywall): The TikTok stars making physics fun
Daily Star print newspaper cutting on TikTok campaign, 28 December 2021
- August 2022 In Your Area: Leicester students ‘over the moon’ after securing cash prizes in physics contest
- July 2022 Leicester Times: STUDENTS WIN NATIONAL PHYSICS COMPETITION WITH CREATIVE BAKING EFFORT
- July 2022 The Edinburgh Reporter: Emily wins science award for Craigmount High School
- April 2022 Laboratory News: So... What is the point of physics? IOP is offering £1000 for the best answer!