Research Highlights Movie/Video Award
The IOP Physical Acoustics Group (PAG) is seeking nominations for the 2020 IOP Physical Acoustics Group Research Highlights Movie/Video Award.
We are looking for movies that clearly communicate an exciting aspect of research in physical acoustics.
Any person who is performing active research in the field of physical acoustics can enter, however, in particular, we would like to encourage research students to submit entries.
- Submissions can be made between 1 August and 30 September 2020.
- The video should not exceed 3-5mins in length.
- Only .mp4 files will be accepted and the file size should not exceed 250MB.
- Make a submission by sending an email, including download information and a short introductory statement of no more than 100 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IOP PAG will set up a special judging panel for the prize who will judge the submission based on:
- general visual appearance
- how it is put in context to physical acoustics
- First prize is an award of £250.
- Five runner’s up awards of £150 in addition to an award certificate.
The winner will be revealed at the end of October 2020.
Terms and conditions
By submitting an entry, you are automatically accepting the competition's terms and conditions.
The IOP Physical Acoustics Group judging panel will review submissions for the Research Highlights Award.
The data contained in the submission email will be used to determine a winner.
Submissions and related data will be retained for up to one year, after which point, any personal data will be deleted.