quantum Business Innovation and Growth (qBIG) Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect, share knowledge and collaborate. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a member-driven group, we support the growing business community of industrial quantum physicists, engineers, innovators and entrepreneurs, and the curious who want to know more about this sector.
Membership of our group can support you and your organisation through:
- an engaging events programme;
- collaboration with other IOP special interest groups and other related IOP or learned society groups; and
- an annual prize to support early-stage business start-ups.
What the group does
Our group gives members opportunities for:
- increasing awareness of the potential of quantum technology;
- collaboration and business development opportunities across a broad range of sectors;
- showcasing businesses and state-of-the art capability;
- linking business to centres of excellence, support and investment;
- identifying and promoting the formation of new supply and value chains;
- stimulating debate around sustainability and ethical issues arising as the sector grows;
- representing the community to national and regional policymakers;
- capturing and communicating developing infrastructure requirements;
- accessing professional development for the quantum workforce;
- informing IOP members in industry about relevant developments in quantum technologies; and
- providing a networking platform for members to share their experiences.
The IOP quantum Business Innovation and Growth (qBIG) Prize, sponsored by Quantum Exponential, is awarded to small and medium-sized companies working on taking quantum technology products or solutions to market. The winner will receive a cash prize, mentoring, and access to the IOP Accelerator and business network.