Nuclear Physics Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we are interested in supporting:
- promising early physics careers
- nuclear physics researchers in industry
- nuclear physics researchers in universities
- students who are attending nuclear physics events
- Institute members with an interest in nuclear physics
What the group does
We promote activities for the nuclear physics community including:
- resources for teachers
- talks to the general public
- meetings and conferences
Nuclear Physics Thesis Prize
This new prize will be awarded annually for exceptional work carried out as part of a PhD Thesis project in the field of nuclear physics. The winner shall receive £250.
Nuclear Physics Early Career Researcher Prize
This annual prize is for a promising early career scientist who has made an outstanding contribution to nuclear physics.
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter June 2023 (PDF, 208KB)
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter May 2023 (PDF, 864KB)
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter April 2023 (PDF, 4.7MB)
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter March 2023 (PDF, 192KB)
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter February 2023 (PDF, 207KB)
- UK Nuclear Activity newsletter January 2023 (PDF, 213KB)
IOP Nuclear Physics Group members colloquia
These seminars, organised by members of the IOP Nuclear Physics Group, cover a variety of topics in the field of nuclear physics. Each virtual seminar is hosted by a different Nuclear Physics Group in the UK with invited national and international speakers. The seminars are recorded to provide an open-access resource with links given below.
Committee and contacts
|Chair||Dr Jack Henderson, MInstP|
|Treasurer||Dr Stefanos Paschalis, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Liam Gaffney, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr David Lee, CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Kara Lynch, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Rachel Montgomery, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Lee Packer, CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Philippos Papadakis, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Andrew Petts, CSci CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Malik Salaam, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Miss Bethany Slingsby, MInstP|
|Early Career Physicist||Miss Hannah Gill, MInstP|
Email: [email protected]