Nuclear Industry Group
This is an IOP special interest group, which is a community of IOP members focused on a particular discipline, application or area of interest.
Special interest groups allow members to connect and share knowledge and ideas. The IOP funds groups to deliver a range of activities including events, prizes and bursaries. All of our groups are driven by members.
About the group
As a special interest, member-driven group, we are interested in all aspects of the nuclear industry. Our role is to:
- recognise the interests of a broad audience
- encourage links between physicists in the nuclear industry
- welcome members from a wide range of professional backgrounds
- appreciate diverse roles of physicists in civil and defence nuclear industries
You might be:
- employed in the industry
- a student considering a career in this sector
- someone with a general interest in this field
What the group does
We represent physicists involved with or interested in all aspects of the nuclear industry.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member and meeting you at an event.
Watch our group’s subtitled YouTube discussion on the UK’s nuclear future.
We award two prizes each year to:
- encourage innovation in the industry
- promote the role of physicists in the industry
- reward effort and commitment to advancing the industry
The Early Career Prize
This prize is for physicists in the early stages of a career in the nuclear industry.
The Career Contribution Prize
The prize is to:
- promote innovation in the nuclear industry
- promote the role of physicists in the nuclear industry
- reward effort and commitment to advancing the nuclear industry
Find group events on the IOP events site.
- Newsletter, December 2020 (PDF, 1.33MB)
- Newsletter, December 2019 (PDF, 1MB)
- Newsletter, November 2018 (PDF, 1.52MB)
- Newsletter, September 2017 (PDF, 2.23MB)
- Newsletter, September 2016 (PDF, 1.66MB)
- Newsletter, October 2015 (PDF, 1.38MB)
- Newsletter, September 2014 (PDF, 695KB)
- Newsletter, September 2013 (PDF, 474KB)
- Newsletter, December 2012 (PDF, 606KB)
- Newsletter, September 2011 (PDF, 911KB)
Committee and contacts
|Chair||Mr Dale McQueen, CPhys MInstP|
|Treasurer||Mr Andrew Hicks, CPhys MInstP|
|Secretary||Miss Eve Moss, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mrs Lucy Bailey, CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Michael Hodgson, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Miss Jennifer Liley, CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Christopher O'Leary, CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Alfie O'Neill, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Miss Juliet Porter, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Thomas Reilly, CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Robert Shearman, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Jamie Townes, CPhys MInstP|
- Email: gro[email protected]