Ion and Plasma Surface Interactions Group Thesis Prize
This prize is for the year's most outstanding PhD thesis.
The competition is open to IOP members who are also members of our group.
The prize is £250 and a certificate. The winning entry is published on our website and in our newsletter.
Submissions should include:
- a one- to two-page extended abstract on a completed (and examined) PhD thesis (examination in the period October 2021-October 2023) that explains the outstanding nature of the work;
- IOP membership number;
- the student’s contact details; and
- the supervisor’s contact details.
Entries are judged by a panel of our officers.
Please send your entry to the Secretary, Dr Oliver Greenwood, [email protected], by Tuesday 31 October 2023.
- 2022 Rémi Delaporte-Mathurin (Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, France)
- 2021 no award
- 2020 Thomas Fiducia (Loughborough University)
- 2019 David Shaw (University of York)
- 2018 Anna Oniszcuk (Sheffield Hallam University)
- 2017 Andrew West (University of York)
- 2016 Patrick Isherwood (Loughborough University)