Ion and Plasma Surface Interactions Group Thesis Prize
This prize is for the year's most outstanding PhD thesis.
The competition is open to IOP members who are also members of our group.
The prize is £250 and a certificate. The winning entry is published on our website and in our newsletter.
Submissions should include:
- a one to two-page extended abstract on a completed (and examined) PhD thesis (examination in the period November 2019 – September 2020) that explains the outstanding nature of the work
- IOP membership number
- student’s contact details
- supervisor’s contact details
Entries are judged by a panel of our officers.
Please send your entry to the Secretary, Dr Erik Wagenaars, [email protected] by 31 October 2020.
- 2019 David Shaw (University of York)
- 2018 Anna Oniszcuk (Sheffield Hallam University)
- 2017 Andrew West (University of York)
- 2016 Patrick Isherwood (Loughborough University)