Huw Edwards prize for services to combustion physics
This award is for outstanding contributions to combustion physics over a prolonged period.
The prize is reviewed annually, but not necessarily awarded every year.
The recipient will be presented with a certificate and invited to deliver a lecture and attend a dinner celebration.
Nominees may have:
- led a strong research group over many years
- made a substantial contribution to education and training
- raised the profile of combustion by exemplary teaching in academia or by working with popular media
The prize is for any field of combustion physics, and any individual or team based in the UK or Ireland.
The call for nominations is:
- sent to group members
- published on the IOP website
- distributed to associated organisations such as the British Section of the Combustion Institute and British Flame
The winner is announced at Combustion Physics Group annual general meeting, which usually takes place in September or October.