Information for members during COVID-19
The IOP at Caledonian Road, London
In response to the removal of restrictions, we reopened 37 Caledonian Road and restarted in-person events and meetings.
But we are continuing to run our online programme of events and talks, so please do keep visiting our website for full event details and to register. These sessions are for the whole physics community, not just IOP members.
As we move into the next phase of the pandemic, the following links are designed to offer you continued support.
Latest government information on COVID-19:
Official guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- Know your employees’ rights: keep up to date with the latest advice from ACAS.
- Advice on workplace safety: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales.
- Information for Republic of Ireland
Sign up for Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) bulletins for business and employer support updates.
Local business support and guidance
There is a network of 38 Business Growth Hubs across England which are local public/private sector partnerships led by the Local Enterprise Partnerships (LEPs). They join up national and local business support so it is easy for businesses to find the help they need.
- England: guidance for employers and businesses
- Northern Ireland: information for businesses and employers
- Republic of Ireland: guidance
- Wales: support for employers and businesses
- Scotland: guidance
Department for Education/Education and Skills Funding Agency helpline
The Department has set up a Coronavirus helpline for education-related queries. You can get in touch via 0800 046 8687 between 8am-6pm (Monday to Friday), or by emailing [email protected].