North East Branch
The North East Branch is one of 11 regional branches in England, and part of a wider network of IOP activity across our Nations including Scotland, Ireland and Wales. It covers Northumberland, County Durham and Teesside, with activity centres based in Newcastle and Durham.
We organise talks, visits and engagement opportunities for members in the North East, and work locally to promote physics, physics education and public understanding of physics.
|Chair||Dr Samuel James, MInstP|
|Vice-chair||Mrs Angelina Anderson-Groves, MInstP|
|Interim Secretary||Dr Angela Dyson, MInstP|
|Interim Secretary||Dr Maciej Matuszewski, MInstP|
|Treasurer||Mr Brian Metcalf, MInstP|
|Retired Members Representative||Dr Geoffrey Heywood|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Carol Davenport, CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Ian Forbes, CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Sergio Gonzalez Sanchez, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Juna Sathian, MInstP|
|Co-opted Member||Dr Paul Branch|
View upcoming North East Branch events.
You can find recordings of previous branch events on our IOP Regions and Nations YouTube playlist.
- North East Newsletter April 2022
- North East Newsletter March 2022
- North East Newsletter February 2022
- North East Newsletter January 2022
- North East Newsletter November/December 2021
- North East Newsletter October 2021
- North East Newsletter September 2021
- North East Newsletter August 2021
- North East Newsletter June 2021
- North East Newsletter May 2021
- North East Newsletter April 2021
- North East Newsletter March 2021
- North East Newsletter February 2021
- North East Newsletter January 2021
- North East Newsletter December 2020
Branch support officer
Bethany Wootton: [email protected]
We deliver IOP strategy based on, and responding to, local needs and opportunities. We work closely with the Yorkshire and North East Branch committees and attend meetings, events and lectures as part of the annual programme of branch activity.
If you have any questions about the IOP in Yorkshire or the North East, or collaborations and physics-related ideas, you would like to see happening, please don't hesitate to contact us.