London and South East Branch
The London and South East Branch is one of 11 regional branches in England, and part of a wider network of IOP activity across our Nations including Scotland, Ireland and Wales. We are based across Greater London (all 32 boroughs), as well as Hertfordshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent, Berkshire and Surrey.
Our activity centres are located in Hatfield, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Reading, London and Canterbury.
We organise talks, visits and engagement opportunities for members in London and the South East, and work locally to promote physics, physics education and public understanding of physics.
|Chair||Dr James Kneller, MInstP|
|Secretary||Mr Andrew Tate, MInstP|
|Treasurer||Dr Hugh Deighton, CSci CPhys FInstP|
|Inclusion and Diversity Advocate||Dr Bhavin Khatri|
|Retired Members Representative||Dr Michael Quinton, CPhys MInstP|
|Student Community Representative||Miss Ellie Matthews|
|Ordinary Member||Miss Sarah Barnes, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member (Kent)||Dr Sam Carr, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member (Herts)||Dr Diane Crann, MBE MInstP|
|Ordinary Member (Oxford)||Mr James Davies, CEng CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mr Ben Dryer|
|Ordinary Member||Ms Alice Dunford, MInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Mrs Rizwana Shelley, CPhys MInstP|
|Ordinary Member (London)||Dr Mark Telling, CPhys FInstP|
|Ordinary Member||Dr Joseph Watson, CPhys MInstP|
View our branch events.
- London and South East Newsletter October 2021
- London and South East Newsletter September 2021
- London and South East Newsletter August 2021
- London and South East Newsletter June 2021
- London and South East Newsletter May 2021
- London and South East Newsletter April 2021
- London and South East Newsletter March 2021
- London and South East Newsletter February 2021
- London and South East Newsletter January 2021
- London and South East Newsletter December 2020
Email: [email protected]
Paul Williams: [email protected]
Branch support co-ordinator
Amy Seales: [email protected]
Retired Members Section (REMS)
REMS-LSE is the part of our London and South East Branch representing the needs and interests of retired members.
All retired IOP members are welcome to attend our events, regardless of which region they live in.