Institute of Physics Scotland public engagement grant
The IOP Scotland (IOPS) public engagement grant offers up to £2,500 to individuals or organisations based in Scotland for physics-based events and activities.
What we’re looking for
Do you or your organisation want to share the excitement of physics with a wider audience?
The IOPS public engagement grant scheme encourages and supports projects that:
- raise public awareness of, and engagement with, contemporary physics
- inspire and enthuse young people, especially those not previously interested in physics
- reach audiences beyond the classroom and workplace
- develop the communication skills of those sharing their physics knowledge.
What we offer
The IOPS grant scheme gives financial support of up to £2,500 (under exceptional circumstances, and with the appropriate justification, additional financial support may be considered).
Help, advice and resources are available from:
- The outreach and engagement team: [email protected]
- The IOPS committee via the national manager: [email protected]
Are you eligible?
This grant is available to individuals and organisations to organise physics public engagement activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
- members of the Institute of Physics
- researchers in academia or industry
- schools, museums, community groups and libraries.