2025 Conference for Undergraduate Women and Non-Binary Physicists UK and Ireland host application
Apply to host the 2025 conference.
Fill out the form below as completely as possible to apply to host the 2025 Conference for Undergraduate Women and Non-Binary Physicists (CUWiP+) UK and Ireland.
Additionally, a single PDF document is requested to be sent to [email protected] to complete this application.
This PDF should contain three sections: Budget, Proposal, and Letter of Support. These are outlined on this page.
(The webform can be sent before the PDF.)
The deadline for applications is now closed. The successful applicant should be notified by the end of December 2023.
This section should include a tentative budget, including expenses and expected resources.
State explicitly the estimated number of local participants and out-of-area participants you plan to host.
Include estimates of all local anticipated expenses: food, accommodation, room charges, local transportation, expenses for speakers, panelists and workshop presenters, tours, etc.
Provide an estimate of the financial support you expect to be able to raise locally (for example, anticipated commitments from your institution and donations from local sponsors).
Local commitments for past conferences typically range from £25,000 to £50,000 per institution.
Use our sample budget calculator (Excel, 26.9KB) to help with your estimates.
Please address the following aspects of your proposal to host CUWiP+ UK and Ireland:
- Your plan to recruit applicants;
- A tentative conference programme;
- Available facilities for your conference (state the capacity of your facilities – the maximum number of student participants you can accommodate, rather than your target number);
- Participation in previous conferences (if any) by members of the organising committee;
- Whether your site is interested in hosting a conference in 2025, or in subsequent years, or either; and
- A statement of commitment from members of the local organising committee including a discussion of workload distribution among students, faculty, and staff.
Letter of Support
Please include a letter from your department chair that outlines the departmental support (financial and staff) as well as the names of any other faculty members engaged in the organisation of the conference.