Quantum Materials and Condensed Matter conference 2022 (QMCM-2022)
The Condensed Matter and Quantum Materials (CMQM) series is home to the UK condensed matter physics community and offers a focussed meeting for topical and emerging fields in solid state and materials physics. The conference is supported by a number of Institute of Physics groups and aims at bringing together scientists and PhD students with diverse interests including exotic electronic and magnetic phenomena in solids, new materials, characterisation techniques and devices.
Following very successful events in St Andrews (2019) and Bristol (2021 - online), the conference in 2022 will be hosted by the University of Bath and will be based at its Claverton Down campus. We plan a live event that will foster scientific interactions and offer an onsite exhibition in a safe and lively academic environment. The conference will feature plenary talks from world-leading scientists and invited presentations as well as contributed talks and a poster session.
Example focus topics include, but are not limited to:
- Correlated Electron Systems
- Graphene, 2D Layered Materials and Twistronics
- Magnetism and Superconductivity
- Topology in Condensed Matter
- Charge Order and Mott Physics
- Quantum Materials Out of Equilibrium
- Weyl and Majorana Fermions
- Skyrmions and Spintronics
- Ferroelectrics and Multiferroics
- Photoemission and Optical Spectroscopy
- Topological Metamaterials