Modern Practice in Stress and Vibration Analysis
The International Conference on Modern Practice in Stress and Vibration Analysis (MPSVA 2022) is the 10th conference in an international series held every 3 years, organised by the Applied Mechanics Group of the Institute of Physics.
The conference is well-established for the presentation of research findings in stress analysis and vibration dynamics with the intention of providing directed focus on the state-of-the-art in theoretical and experimental methodology.
The aim of the conference is to bring together physicists, mathematicians, materials scientists, and engineers from academia and industry, and to provide a platform for the presentation of creative and novel research findings facilitating an interchange of ideas and providing guidance for future research direction. The scope of the conference is broad and covers the full range of fundamental, experimental and applied research in stress and vibration analysis, such as:
- materials characterisation
- measuring and modelling residual stresses
- damage assessment
- monitoring and control
- multi-functional and smart structures
- multi-scale analyses
- damping materials
- mechanics of advanced materials under vibro-impact loading
- sensor development
- full-field optical systems for experimental analysis
- development and application of modal analysis
- inverse methods
- advances in the finite element and boundary element methods.