GRAND FINAL: IOP's 3 Minute Wonder National Science Communication Competition
Three Minutes! What can YOU do?
"Educational, inspiring and entertaining all at once."
The Institute of Physics national 3 Minute Wonder (3MW) science communication competition concludes with the winners from each national and regional heat competing in the GRAND FINAL at the Royal Institution!
3MW challenges researchers or project team members working in a physics related field, and in industry, academia or business, to explain their work in just three minutes; each participant pitching their research to a panel of established science communicators and an interested but non-specialist audience...yes that means YOU! Come vote for your winner.
This year's event features the winners from across the UK and Ireland from the 2019 - 2022 IOP national and regional heats:
- Gavrielle Untracht (2019/20 heat winner – London & South East)
- Georgina Dransfield (2019/20 heat winner – Wales and West Midlands)
- Hannah Dalgleish (2019/20 heat winner – Merseyside)
- Hannah Jordan (2019/20 heat winner – South Central & South West & Wales)
- Ian Roque (2021/22 heat winner – East Anglia)
- Jodie West (2021/22 heat winner – East Midlands)
- Lewis McKenzie (2019/20 heat winner – North East)
- Monty Clark (2019/20 heat winner – East Midlands)
- Ocean Bach (2021/22 heat winner – Manchester)
- Sam Horrell (2021/22 heat winner – London & South East)
- Sarah Cameron (2021/22 Rosse medal winner – Ireland)
- Sarah Markham (2019/20 Rosse medal winner – Ireland)
This year the judging panel includes:
- Jim Al –Khalili (Professor of Physics. Head Judge)
- Baroness Brown Of Cambridge (House of Lords, Chair STEM Learning board)
- Paul Hardaker (CEO, IOP)
- Elizabeth Mathews (Dublin City University, STEM for deaf education)
- Nicola Cook (BBC Science Unit)
Coffee/Tea/Juice/Wine and nibbles from 18:00. Competition starts 18:30.
For further info about the competition see: https://www.iop.org/3mw