IOP Teacher Training Scholarships
£30,000 tax-free funding for talented individuals entering physics teacher training in England in the 2016/17 academic year. The final application deadline is 1 August 2016, find out how to apply.
150 IOP scholarships will be awarded to the very best individuals who impress us with their academic record, physics subject knowledge and commitment to teaching.
What are the benefits?
As an IOP scholar you will not only receive £30,000 tax-free funding, you will also become part of a scholarship community, giving you access to:
- Free IOP membership for your teacher training year, including a subscription to Physics World
- Celebration events at the beginning and end of your training
- Networking events and educational trips for scholars throughout your training year
- Opportunities to contribute to physics education policy
- Early career mentoring from experienced physics teachers through our Stimulating Physics Network programme
Why should you apply? Hear from some of our previous IOP Scholars:
Find out more
If you have any questions, please get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com or call us on 020 7470 4959.
As a prospective trainee teacher you are also strongly encouraged to register your interest in teaching via the Get into Teaching website.
The IOP Teacher Training Scholarships are run in partnership with the Department for Education and therefore are only available for eligible initial teacher training programmes in England. If you are awarded a scholarship it will replace the government bursary you will receive. It is not an additional award.