Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST)
The TSST programme has ended. This page has information about its successor.
The Teacher Subject Specialism Training (TSST) programme ended on 31 March 2021.
The successor programme, funded by the Department for Education (DfE), is Subject Knowledge for Physics Teachers (SKPT). Delivery of SKPT will begin in September 2021 and continue until March 2022. SKPT is for teachers in state schools in England who are not specialist physics teachers but who are timetabled to teach physics.
The following resources were developed for a Science Additional Specialism: Physics 30-day course and were made freely available to TSST providers. Each of these PowerPoint files represents roughly one day’s programme of the TSST course and allowed these providers to access and customise content developed by the IOP. These materials remain available to schools.
As an educational establishment you can use these classroom materials free of charge. These materials may not be reproduced for profit by any other organisation.
Atoms and nuclei
- Exponential processes (PPT, 633KB)
- Particle physics (PPT, 1.8MB)
- Quantum phenomena (PPT, 2.2MB)
- Radioactivity (PPT, 1.6MB)
- Charge and current (PPT, 1.3MB)
- Electric circuits: models and analogies (PPT, 1.7MB)
- DC circuit theory (PPT, 1MB)
- Potential difference and resistance (PPT, 1.1MB)
- Energy (PPT, 1.5MB)
- Kinetic theory & gases (PPT, 1.6MB)
- Thermal properties (PPT, 399KB)
- Thermodynamics (PPT, 1MB)
- Fields: gravitational and electric (PPT, 1MB)
- Magnetic fields and electromagnetic induction (PPT, 713KB)
- Magnetism & electromagnetism (PPT, 2.2MB)
- Forces and simple machines (PPT, 795KB)
- Kinematics of linear motion (PPT, 1MB)
- Mechanics in 2D (PPT, 910KB)
- Momentum and collisions (Newton's 3) (PPT, 887KB)
- Newton's laws 1&2 (PPT, 919KB)
- Solid materials (PPT, 2.2MB)
- Uniform circular motion (PPT, 1MB)
Vibration and waves
- Communication systems (PPT, 1.4MB)
- Electromagnetic spectrum (PPT, 1.7MB)
- Reflection and refraction (PPT, 2.3MB)
- Simple harmonic motion (PPT, 460KB)
- Waves in 2D (PPT, 3.5MB)
- Waves, sound & music (PPT, 2.4MB)
Email [email protected].