Education and outreach
Schools and Colleges Affiliation Scheme
Affiliate to the Institute of Physics to receive:
- discounts to events
Who can apply
We offer an affiliation scheme for:
- schools and colleges in the UK and Ireland
- international schools teaching the British curriculum abroad
What you get
- Classroom Physics magazine four times a year with e-shots on events, resources and training, teaching tips and practical ideas.
- Physics World monthly magazine, keeping you in touch with developments and providing inspiration for your students.
- Online access to Physics Education, our international journal for everyone involved with the teaching of physics.
- Discounts on IOP conferences and events.
- Resources such as posters and careers materials produced by IOP and other organisations.
Costs of affiliation
£50 (€63) a year for schools and colleges in the UK and Ireland.
£76 a year for British international schools.
How to apply
UK and Irish applications
British international schools applications
Classroom Physics magazine
Classroom Physics is our magazine for affiliated schools published by our education department.
The print version is distributed to all affiliated schools in the UK and Ireland.
It's published in March, June, September and December.
Classroom Physics includes:
- classroom ideas
- continuing professional development opportunities
Download the magazine
Tel: +44 (0)20 7740 4832