Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) UK host site application
Apply to host the 2023 conference.
Fill out the form below as completely as possible to apply to host the Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CUWiP) 2023 in the UK.
Additionally, a single PDF document is requested to be sent to [email protected] to complete this application.
This PDF should contain three sections: Budget, Proposal, and Letter of Support. These are outlined below.
(The webform can be sent before the PDF.)
This section should include a tentative budget, including expenses and expected resources. Refer to the sample budget on IOP Conferences as a guide.
State explicitly the estimated number of local participants and out-of-area participants you plan to host.
Include estimates of all local anticipated expenses: food, accommodation, room charges, local transportation, expenses for speakers, panelists and workshop presenters, tours, etc. (See sample budget on IOP Conferences.)
Provide an estimate of the financial support you expect to be able to raise locally (for example, anticipated commitments from your institution and donations from local sponsors).
Local commitments for past conferences typically range from £25,000 to £50,000 per institution.
Please address the following aspects of your proposal to host the CUWiP:
- Your plan to recruit applicants;
- A tentative conference programme;
- Available facilities for your conference. (State the capacity of your facilities - the maximum number of student participants you can accommodate, rather than your target number);
- Participation in previous conferences (if any) by members of the organising committee;
- Whether your site is interested in hosting a conference in the next series, the series after that, or either; and
- A statement of commitment from members of the local organising committee including a discussion of workload distribution among students, faculty, and staff.
Letter of Support
Please include a letter from your department chair that outlines the departmental support (financial and staff) as well as the names of any other faculty members engaged in the organisation of the conference.