IOP Business Forum
The Institute engages with businesses across the UK and Ireland to discuss the issues that matter to them.
Through round-table meetings and business briefings, the IOP Business Forum enables decision-makers from business, industry and the economy to hear, discuss and report on the impact of new physics or changes that affect physics-based businesses in the UK and Ireland. The meetings also allow members in business to bring fresh perspectives on Institute activities, from training teachers and promoting inclusivity, to understanding research priorities and influencing government policies.
Recent IOP Business Forum meetings
- The right place at the right time – access to finance for science-based companies in the North East (North East Technology Park, October 2013)
- Innovation for growth (The Surrey Research Park, May 2013)
- Parliament meets science in business (North East Technology Park, November 2012)
- Powering the future - energy generation in north Wales (Catrin Finch Centre, July 2012)
- The UK’s innovation landscape - the impact on the North West (Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus, June 2012)
- Physics, the key to a thriving Scottish economy (SELEX Galileo Ltd, May 2012)
Details of future IOP Business Forum events can be found in the calendar.
Recent IOP Business Briefings
- Graphene commercialisation in the UK – overcoming potential challenges and driving the UK forward (Institute of Physics, November 2013)
- Innovation in Wales - challenges and opportunities (Wales Millennium Centre, October 2013)
Running alongside the IOP Business Forum, the Key Insight Business Briefings were high-profile meetings held at the Institute of Physics bringing together scientists, business people and policy makers to explore issues of government strategy, innovation and R&D, in the context of physics and technology-based industry.