imembers enjoy a wide range of services delivered by the IOP through its various web sites and a wealth of opportunities to engage with other physicists around the world through the on-line members’ network.
IOP imember membership allows you to keep up with developments in the world of physics through our websites and digital access magazines.
Working with national physical societies where these exist, electronic affiliate membership is another way to enhance the support their members gain.
How to apply
You can apply online. Please be sure to read all the information about this class of membership before applying.
Electronic affiliate membership is offered to members of IOP's partner societies either entirely free to countries on the World Bank’s list of low income economies, or for £10 per year to those in middle income economies.
If your national society has not signed up as a partner society and is interested in doing so, please email email@example.com. If you are unsure if your national society has signed an agreement, here is a list of eligible national societies.
As an electronic affiliate member, you can have access to all of IOP’s services that are delivered electronically through the web. You can:
- Have access to MyIOP, our online members network, giving you the opportunity to create your own profile page, interact with other members, blog, post photos, join groups, read news and hear about events
- Get online access to the digital version of our popular magazine Physics World, giving you all the latest news about cutting-edge physics research and developments
- Create your own PhysMail firstname.lastname@example.org which works as a forwarding service to to your chosen email address
- Enjoy contact with a large number of specialist groups covering many areas of physics, each with its own events and news
- Maintain your own member account through MyIOP
Plan your future
- Benefit from resources such as tips for interviews and how to prepare your CV
- Access more than 20 free online courses on topics ranging from project management to innovation
- Gain access to professional help sheets on a variety of topics, from our website or by email