Close

IOPConnect

Log in to personalise your experience and connect with IOP.


Group structure

The IOP has a number of subsidiary undertakings, as outlined below.


IOP Publishing Limited

The main trading subsidiary undertaking of the IOP is IOP Publishing Limited.

IOP Publishing Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the IOP and is incorporated in England and Wales. Its principal activity is the publication and distribution of high-quality scientific journals, books, conference proceedings and magazines.

IOP Publishing Limited has a number of further trading subsidiary undertakings as detailed below. It also has a branch in Japan which is non-incorporated.

IOP Publishing Consultants (Beijing) Co. Limited

IOP Publishing Consultants (Beijing) Co. Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of IOP Publishing Limited and is incorporated in China as a wholly foreign-owned enterprise (WFOE). Its principal activity is to provide services to IOP Publishing Limited, including publishing consulting, electronic technology consulting, business consulting, market information consulting and corporate management consulting.

IOP Marketing and Promotion Services Private Limited

IOP Marketing and Promotion Services Private Limited is 99.99% owned by IOP Publishing Limited with the remaining 0.01% of share capital owned by the IOP. It is incorporated in India. Its principal activity is promotion and marketing services for IOP Publishing Limited.

Turpion Limited

Turpion Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of IOP Publishing Limited and is incorporated in England and Wales.

Turpion-Moscow Limited

Turpion-Moscow Limited is incorporated in Russia and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Turpion Limited.

The IOP also has the following trading subsidiary undertakings:

IOP Publishing Inc.

IOP Publishing Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation of which the IOP is the sole corporate member. It is incorporated in the US. Its principal activity is to provide publishing services to IOP Publishing Limited. All such services are provided solely in support of the IOP’s charitable and educational activities.

IOP Business Publishing Inc.

IOP Business Publishing Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of IOP Publishing Inc. It is incorporated in the US. Its principal activity is to provide advertising-sales services.

With the exception of IOP Marketing and Promotion Services Private Limited, all companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of their immediate holding company.

There are two further Group subsidiary undertakings, both of which are currently dormant.

These are:

  • IOP Educational Publishing Limited
  • IOP Enterprises Limited