Business and innovation
The IOP Business Awards recognise the vital role physics and physicists play in our economy, creating jobs and growth by powering innovation to meet the challenges facing us today, ranging from climate change to better healthcare and food production.
Applications for the 2023 IOP Business Awards are now open and close on Monday 30 January.
Since 2012 the IOP Business Awards have celebrated the achievements of more than 70 physics-powered businesses across a variety of sectors including aerospace, automotive, communications, defence, energy, environmental, food, imagining, magnetics, medical, microscopy, nanotechnology, nuclear, petrochemical, quantum, rail and space.
The IOP Business Awards are awarded in three categories:
- IOP Business Innovation Award
- IOP Business Start-Up Award
- Lee Lucas Award (for early-stage medical and healthcare companies)
We also award the following prestigious medals and prizes to individuals for their contribution to the application of physics in an industrial, commercial or business context:
- Katherine Burr-Blodgett Medal and Prize (Gold Medal and Prize)
- Denis Gabor Medal and Prize (Silver Subject Medal and Prize)
- Clifford Paterson Medal and Prize (Bronze Early Career Medal and Prize)
Applications for the 2023 IOP Business Awards are now open. All applications must be submitted via our online portal.
Applications close on Monday 30 January.
If you require any assistance with your application, please email [email protected].