This award recognises and celebrates companies that have excelled in innovation, delivering significant economic and/or societal impact through the application of physics.
As the winner of this award you can expect:
- prestigious validation of your innovative application of physics and its impact
- collateral to enhance funding and investment applications for future developments
- an increased confidence in your business innovation, especially among new customers
- evidence of company excellence in the commercial application of physics for the recruitment of talented, young physicists
As the winning company you will:
- receive a trophy and an e-trophy for use on marketing material and websites
- attend and exhibit at IOP events, providing an opportunity to network with funding agencies, key industry figures and MPs
- have your award-winning innovation highlighted in IOP marketing material and social networks
- have the opportunity to present at relevant meetings and conferences, increasing your profile across the IOP network
- be able to participate in our Business Innovation and Growth Group, making connections to help build an even stronger business
This award is open to companies or a subsidiary based in the UK or Ireland and who demonstrate excellence in the innovative application of physics to a product or service, leading to:
- business improvements or growth in terms of turnover or job creation or
- substantive societal and/or other impact as a result of the innovation
To be eligible, the physics-based element of your product must have been developed in the UK and/or Ireland.
How to apply
Applications for the 2023 IOP Business Awards are now closed. Further information will be provided on the 2024 IOP Awards in due course.
For future applications, you will be asked to provide information to support your application across the following fields:
- main contact and authorising representative
- company details
Please note businesses cannot be nominated by a third party and applications must be made by an authorised representative at the business.
If you require any assistance with your application, please email [email protected].