1-10 of 9304 results for *
1. New fellows, new members and In Memoriam in November 2014 (Score: 1.0000)
NEW MEMBERS Janice Asplin, David Bell, Alastair Booth, David Brook, Nia Brooks, Mathivanan Chinnaraj, Carlo Contaldi, Giuseppe De Martino, Nicholas Ekins-Daukes, Kieran Flanagan, Donal Gallagher, Martin Goodfellow, Andrew Howes, Richard Jackett, Mark Jackson, Hannah Jordan, James Kermode, Ghulam Khan, Hidekazu Kurebayashi, Katherine Leech, Alexander Lenz, Zugang Liu, Philip Lyons, Leo McGilly, Richard Peacock, Elaine Perkins, Paul Robb, Monica Saavedra, John Watson, Daphne Weihs, James Weston...
2. North East Physicist recognized in National Awards (Score: 1.0000)
The cheers from the North East Branch table on Wednesday night could be heard from across London, as two Professors from Durham University received prestigious awards from the IOP. In this aim the North East has been leading the way - our Institute of Physics branch has run more outreach events per member than any of the other IOP branches. Each began their careers researching what were at the time considered esoteric branches of physics, but now have widespread applications thanks largely to...
3. IOP Press Office Information (Score: 1.0000)
2. The IOP Publishing Journalist Area (http://journalists.iop.org/journalistLogin) gives journalists access to embargoed press releases, advanced copies of papers, supplementary images and videos. 4. Measurement Science and Technology covers all aspects of the theory, practice and application of measurement and sensor technology across the sciences. IOP Publishing is central to the Institute of Physics, a not-for-profit society.
4. Resources and guidance for teachers (Score: 1.0000)
Girls in the Physics Classroom: A teachers' guide for action is a guide for teachers on how to put the research findings into action. Engaging with Girls: An action pack for teachers includes guidance on carrying out action research and a set of additional teaching resources. The girls in physics videos illustrate teaching approaches that the research suggests will encourage girls to consider continuing with the subject.
5. October 2014 (Score: 1.0000)
6. Top 50 Work Placements Scheme (Score: 1.0000)
The IOP's ‘Top50’ Work Placements Scheme is an initiative setup by the IOP to help penultimate year undergraduate physics students gain experience in a business, university or research institution. The IOP will fund 50 students to carry out eight-week placements in organisations in the UK or Ireland that don’t currently offer paid placements. In return, employers gain a fresh perspective and new ideas from their work placement students.
7. Recently elected Chartered Engineers (Score: 1.0000)
8. Recently elected Chartered Physicists (Score: 1.0000)
9. Member news (Score: 1.0000)
10. Phillips Award recipients (Score: 1.0000)
Bob Boutland was a founding member of the Physics Communicators Group in 2008, serving on the interim committee and then the full committee, editing the newsletter. Ann has also been a leading member of the Women in Physics Group since its inception, serving as chair and representing the IOP at the IUPAP Women in Physics Conferences. She has served on Group Coordinating Committee, Diversity Committee and (still) Physics Communicators Group Committee.
1-10 of 9304 results for *