IOP Press Office information
Have a night with the stars with Stargazing Live events throughout Wales
Notes To Editors
- For further information about the four events: www.iopwales.org/Calendar
- For further information about Stargazing LIVE please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For picture requests please contact email@example.com or phone 020 8225 6800. If you have password access, pictures can be downloaded from www.bbcpictures.com
About BBC Stargazing LIVE
- Stargazing LIVE (8pm, 3-5 January, BBC Two) is a three-day live astronomy event where Dara O'Briain and special guest Jonathan Ross join the BBC's favourite particle physicist Professor Brian Cox at one of the world's largest radio telescopes. Liz Bonnin will be reporting from Hawaii, and The One Show's resident astronomer, Mark Thompson, will be observing live, informing the audience what they too can find in the night sky.
- Stargazing LIVE events are taking place all over the UK from Monday 3 January until Sunday 16 January 2011. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/stagazing for the full list.
- The Stargazing LIVE campaign from BBC Learning aims to encourage all of us to learn more about astronomy. Developed in partnership with a huge range of science and astronomy organisations, the campaign encourages new audiences to get involved in finding out about the night sky.
- www.bbc.co.uk/stargazing provides details on how to get started in astronomy, where to develop your interest and information on partner events taking place across the UK in January 2011.
About BBC Learning
- The Stargazing LIVE campaign is one of the many unique and varied offerings from BBC Learning. BBC Learning plays a central part in meeting the BBC's purpose of promoting education and learning. Utilising the power of the BBC’s big brands and key talent, the department puts learning right at the heart of the BBC and provides a variety of resources and learning opportunities for children, teachers, parents and adult learners. Working with partners and in local communities, BBC Learning aims to stimulate interests and encourage engagement through a variety of campaigns across all BBC genres and platforms. For more information on all the learning programmes offered visit www.bbc.co.uk/learningoverview
About the Institute of Physics
- For more information please contact Joe Winters in the IOP’s Press Office, Tel: +44(0)20 7470 4815 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org