Undergraduate student member
For undergraduate students studying for a first degree in physics or a related subject anywhere in the world.
Apply for free membership here.
As an undergraduate student member you can:
- Join any of our 48 special interest groups at the heart of the community
- Attend IOP conferences and events with exclusive member rates and grants
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Develop key transferable skills with free online courses
- Polish your CV and perfect your interview skills with career tips and techniques guides
- Get the latest physics news delivered to your door*, mobile device or desktop every month with Physics World magazine
- Meet other students and student societies through the University Student Network
- Interact with professionals through the members only LinkedIn group
- Create your own @physics.org forwarding email address
Membership for undergraduate students is free. UK* and Ireland students may opt to receive hard-copies of Physics World magazine at the cost of £15 per year.
Undergraduate student members must be studying for a first degree in physics or a related subject anywhere in the world.
How to apply
To apply for undergraduate membership, complete this online application form and look out for IOP representatives around your university campus at the beginning of term.