For those with at least three years' post-degree experience during which professional skills have been acquired.
As a member you can enjoy the full package of benefits:
- Join any of our 48 special interest groups at the heart of the community
- Attend IOP conferences and events with exclusive member rates and grants
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Gain professional registration as a Chartered Physicist and Chartered Engineer
- Stand out with MInstP after your name
- Receive tailored career support and guidance through our mentor matching scheme
- Develop key transferable skills with free online courses
- Polish your CV and perfect your interview skills with career tips and techniques guides
- Take control of your professional development with the MyCareerPath online management tool
- Get the latest physics news delivered to your door, mobile device or desktop every month with Physics World magazine
- Interact with professionals through the members only LinkedIn group
- Create your own @physics.org forwarding email address
In addition, members are entitled to free academic dress hire. Email email@example.com for details.
£76-£109 per annum, depending on the number of years spent in paid employment. Discounted fees are available in certain circumstances. Find out more here.
A degree in the physical sciences or engineering or its equivalent. At least three years’ post-degree experience and a range of professional skills.
How to apply
To apply, complete the online application form. You will need to choose a supporter for your application who will need to have known you for at least one year and be able to comment on your work. Find out more about how to choose a supporter here.