Associate member (AMInstP)
For registered scientists and those who have recently obtained a first degree in the physical sciences or engineering or its equivalent. Postgraduate students are also registered as associate members.
As an associate member you can:
- Join any of our 48 special interest groups at the heart of the community
- Attend IOP conferences and events with exclusive member rates and grants
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Gain professional registration as a Chartered Physicist and Chartered Engineer
- Stand out with AMInstP after your name
- Develop key transferable skills with free online courses
- Polish your CV and perfect your interview skills with career tips and techniques guides
- Take control of your professional development with the MyCareerPath online management tool
- Get the latest physics news delivered to your door, mobile device or desktop every month with Physics World magazine
- Interact with professionals through the members only LinkedIn group
- Create your own @physics.org forwarding email address
£55 per annum. Discounted fees are available in certain circumstances. Find out more here.
You will have recently obtained a first degree in the physical sciences, or engineering, or a cognate subject.
How to apply
To apply, complete this online application form.