For professional and amateur physicists not qualifying for other membership categories. Affiliate membership is ideal for anyone who is passionate about physics and wants to support the Institute's objectives.
As an affiliate member you can:
- Join any of our 48 special interest groups at the heart of the community
- Attend IOP conferences and events with exclusive member rates and grants
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Develop key transferable skills with free online courses
- Polish your CV and perfect your interview skills with career tips and techniques guides
- Take control of your professional development with the MyCareerPath online management tool
- Get the latest physics news delivered to your door, mobile device or desktop every month with Physics World magazine
- Interact with professionals through the members only LinkedIn group
- Create your own @physics.org forwarding email address
£99 per annum. Discounted fees are available in certain circumstances. Find out more here.
You don’t need any formal qualifications in physics to enjoy this membership. You just need an interest in physics.
How to apply
The easiest way to apply for affiliate membership is to complete an online application form. Alternatively, you can download a paper application form and return it to Membership Department, Institute of Physics, 80 Portland Place, London W1B 1NT.