Teacher Network Coordinator in Cambridgeshire
Hub Events Manager, Isaac Physics Partnership, University of Cambridge
MA in Natural Sciences at Cambridge, followed by PGCE also at Cambridge.
Apart from a two year stint in Italy, I taught Physics from 1991 to 2014 in comprehensive schools in Suffolk and Cambridgeshire. For most of that time I worked as Head of Physics or Head of Science.
For the last few years, I have organised SPEED - Stimulating Physics East of England Day - and annual training day for teachers and technicians.
Links with other agencies
- Cambridge Physics Centre - I've been a committee member for more than ten years; I currently chair the committee
- University of Cambridge Faculty of Education - I have lectured and run practical sessions for Physics PGCE students
- I am member of OCR’s Sciences Consultative Forum
- I am a Teacher Fellow for the Ogden Trust
- I work closely with Cambridge Science Centre
- I have been a member of the IOP East Anglia Branch committee for several years.
I am a keen cyclist (commuting, leisure riding and occasional time-trials and long distance rides.
I also enjoy skiing and walking (preferably in Italy!) in the holidays.
I aim to support all Physics Teachers in the local area - students, new teachers, non-specialists teaching physics and the more experienced - from Primary School upwards.
Cambridge has a well deserved reputation as a support centre for teachers of Physics. I wish to build on this strong base.
Central workshops I can deliver
|Happy to deliver||Shocked and stunned|
Son of new ideas?
Software for skint schools
What happens next?
Lights, camera, images
Specialist workshops I offer
- Introduction to the National Schools Observatory
- Encouraging group work