Physics and Ethics Education Project (PEEP)
PEEP stands for Physics and Ethics Education Project.
It is an interactive website and virtual learning environment for secondary school science teachers and their students. The project has been developed to highlight the moral, ethical, social, economic, environmental and technological implications and applications of physics.
PEEP aims to:
- Provide up to date and balanced information that students can use to develop their arguments when debating or discussing ethical issues in science.
- Raise science teachers’ confidence in dealing with ‘difficult’ topics, uncertainty and debate.
- Facilitate students’ and teachers’ discussions of these issues.
- Enhance students’ learning of the science topics involved.
- Help equip students to evaluate many sided arguments and come to their own conclusions.
Go to www.peep.ac.uk for more information and the resources.