Physics Update Courses
As part of its active involvement in supporting physics in schools and colleges, the Institute of Physics arranges courses throughout the year for experienced and practicing teachers of physics.
Why should I go on this course?
- To update your knowledge of recent developments in physics
- To explore new practical activities and resources for use in the classroom
- For opportunities to talk informally and share ideas with other physics specialists
- And in turn, through your own teaching, extend and enrich students’ learning
Physics Update Courses for 2013-2014
Summer Physics Update: University of Kent, 18-20 July 2014
- Draft programme for Summer Physics Update
- Online booking form for Summer Physics Update (Deadline for bookings: Friday 4 July 2014)
There are a limited number of places available at each Physics Update.
Each course costs £150 for a residential place and £65 for a non-residential place.
Accessing course presentations/handouts
To access programme details and download the presentations/handouts from previous Update courses, please go to the “Physics Update Courses” group on talkphysics.org. Once you’ve logged onto the website, find the group by typing “Physics Update” into the search box (which can be found at the top of the website).
Who are these courses for?
These courses are open to teachers of physics and assume knowledge of A-level physics or beyond. The closing date for booking onto each course is given above. After the closing date, if you wish to be notified of last minute cancellations, please contact the IOP (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7470 4820).
If you wish to be notified of when bookings open / programme details become available, join the mailing list for these courses by sending your details to email@example.com (please place “Physics Update Courses” in the subject line).