Please browse, watch and download the materials below. Additional reports and materials related to physics can also be seen on the publications page
- Teacher Fellowship Scheme (PDF, 3 MB)
Guidance for university departments on implementing their own Teacher Fellowship Schemes, where a teacher is seconded from a school to work in a department. Contains key recommendations on how departments can improve their teaching, learning and outreach activities.
- A Guide to Industry Visits for School Groups (PDF, 1 MB)
A guide for schools and companies giving key recommendations on how to set up an industry visit.
- Repackaging Physics (PDF, 2 MB)
Guidance on how to market a physics degree in the 21st century. The Repackaging Physics guide is available in colour Repackaging Physics (PDF, 2 MB)and in black and white (PDF, 5 MB)
- A Guide to Good Practice in Public Engagement with Physics (PDF, 2MB)
A guide developed to help organisers produce high quality public engagement activity by leading them through all phases of the development, delivery and evaluation process.
- Industry visits film
Video clip of a physics-based industrial visit to Sharp Laboratories of Europe Ltd
- Careers clips a suite of 5–8 minute films showcasing some exciting careers available to those studying physics to A-Level and above
- Physics Lives, four 8-10 minute films suitable for anyone who has ever wondered what physicists actually do, why they do it and how their work is applied
Problem Based Learning Modules (student versions)
The IOP, in partnership with Professor Derek Raine and the Centre for Interdisciplinary Science at the University of Leicester, has created fifteen PBL modules that can be adopted by university lecturers for their own teaching needs. Please download the student modules.
For further information about Problem Based Learning.
If you would like a hard copy of any of the documents or film clips, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.