Fellowship and Intern schemes
The Institute is active in providing work experience in a policy setting to physics students of all levels.
The Institute of Physics (IOP) and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) have established a scheme to enable a physics postgraduate student to be seconded to POST on a three-month placement to write a POSTnote, a four-page briefing paper on a physics-related topic.
The IOP/POST Fellowship is currently closed for applications. We aim to start the recruitment process for next year’s Fellow in early March 2015.
- 2014 Fellow – Christopher Emmott, Imperial College London
- 2013 Fellow - Dave Ross, Heriot-Watt University
Telehealth and Telecare (PDF, 300 KB) (September 2013)
- 2012 Fellow - Jack Snape, University of York
Advanced Manufacturing (PDF, 312 KB) (September 2012)
- 2009 Fellow - Alexander Guite, Imperial College London
Technology for the Olympics (PDF, 173 KB) (December 2009)
- 2008 Fellow - Susan Kirk, University of Cambridge
Marine Renewables (PDF, 138 KB) (January 2009)
- 2007 Fellow - Mary Matthews, Imperial College London
Radio Spectrum Management (PDF, 186 KB) (July 2007)
- 2006 Fellow - Sam Dolan, University of Cambridge
Electricity in the UK (PDF, 148 KB) (February 2007)
- 2005 Fellow - Lucy Heady, University of Cambridge
UK Civil Space Activities (PDF, 149 KB) (March 2006)
- 2004 Fellow - Angharad Thomas, University of Oxford
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) (PDF, 127 KB) (July 2004)