Fellowship and Intern schemes
The Institute is active in providing work experience in a policy setting to physics students of all levels.
The Institute of Physics (IOP) and the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) have established a scheme to enable a physics postgraduate student to be seconded to POST on a three-month placement to write a POSTnote, a four-page briefing paper on a physics-related topic, or conduct work within a relevant parliamentary office.
More information on future IOP/POST Fellowship opportunities will be announced in due course.
- 2014 Fellow – Christopher Emmott, Imperial College London
UK Broadband Infrastructure (May 2015)
- 2013 Fellow - Dave Ross, Heriot-Watt University
Telehealth and Telecare (September 2013)
- 2012 Fellow - Jack Snape, University of York
Advanced Manufacturing (September 2012)
- 2009 Fellow - Alexander Guite, Imperial College London
Technology for the Olympics (December 2009)
- 2008 Fellow - Susan Kirk, University of Cambridge
Marine Renewables (January 2009)
- 2007 Fellow - Mary Matthews, Imperial College London
Radio Spectrum Management (July 2007)
- 2006 Fellow - Sam Dolan, University of Cambridge
Electricity in the UK (February 2007)
- 2005 Fellow - Lucy Heady, University of Cambridge
UK Civil Space Activities (March 2006)
- 2004 Fellow - Angharad Thomas, University of Oxford
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) (July 2004)