The Institute of Physics is located in the heart of London, with great transport links to the rest of the country, and to international airports.
Getting to the IOP
The Institute of Physics is easily reachable by tube through a variety of different stations and lines:
- Regents Park (0.2 miles) – Bakerloo line.
- Great Portland Street (0.2 miles) – Circle, Hammersmith and City, and Metropolitan lines.
- Oxford Circus (0.5 miles) – Bakerloo and Victoria lines.
- Warren Street (0.5 miles) – Northern and Victoria lines.
We are also within easy distance of some of the major London train stations, which provide transport links to around the country and to some of the airports in the surrounding area.
- Kings Cross St Pancras (1.2 miles) and Euston (1 mile) are just a 10 minute taxi ride away. Kings Cross is reachable via the tube from Great Portland Street station, and has fantastic links to Europe via the Eurostar, as well as to Stansted and Luton airport through the Overground train network.
For further information about travelling around London on public transport, please visit Transport for London.
For information about travelling to and from one of the local train stations, please visit National Rail.
See the interactive Google Map for directions.
The nearest car park is in Devonshire Row Mews (W1W 5AU), which is approximately 2 minutes walk away from the Institute.
Please be aware that the Institute of Physics is within the Congestion Charge zone, so you may be required to pay a fee to drive on the roads around our venue.