Society Affiliation 2015/16
Guidance notes and application form
- Society Affiliation is open to student physics or astronomy societies within the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
- More than one society from a single university may affiliate, provided each can demonstrate clearly that the specific aims or membership of the society are sufficiently different from any other societies at the same university. Main examples are separate physics and astronomy societies, as well as undergraduate and postgraduate societies. Other cases will be decided upon by the IOP.
- In order to become affiliated societies must fill out the application form. Two named contacts must be given; please ensure contact details are correct. Both contacts must be individual student members of the IOP.
- Affiliation is valid for one academic year. Societies must re-affiliate each year. The society should contact the IOP if either of the named contacts changes during the academic year.
- Provided societies affiliate by December 31, they will be sent a £100 start-of-year grant, which can be used for any society expenditure.
- Affiliation is a prerequisite to applying for IOP grants.