Electricity generation: Part 2
Energy for the future
Suitable for years 4,5 and 6.
The presentation has been developed at the request of primary schools and follows logically from the presentation Electricity Generation Part1: Magnets and Lemons.
The time for the basic session is about 1 hour.
Outline of content
Aims to explain that:
- Everyday we use large amounts of electricity
- Huge generators are needed
- Generators can be turned by steam from water by boiled by energy from:
- Generators can also be turned by:
- Energy from the Sun can be used
- A reaction called fusion, which takes place in the Sun, will be used in the future
- All of these have advantages and disadvantages
- The slides in the PowerPoint presentation (2.6 MB) are referenced in the table.
- The PowerPoint presentation can be running throughout the session.
- Apparatus details are provided and are linked to the relevant sections.