Women in Physics Group
- We encourage the participation of our members in all activities of the Institute.
- We provide support to members in progressing their careers by encouraging their professional development.
- Our committee aims to reflect the varied careers of women physicists in industry, commerce, academia, teaching and research.
- The Group organises an annual meeting with discussions of topical interest.
- A regularly produced newsletter keeps members informed.
Our current concerns include:
- education at primary, secondary and tertiary level
- women in research and academia -especially those on short term contracts
- career breaks
- career management workshops
- networking in the UK and Europe
The Women in Physics Group welcomes new members as well as suggestions for future events. Come and join us and help in our discussions.