Women in Physics Group
- We encourage the participation of our members in all activities of the Institute.
- We provide support to members in progressing their careers by encouraging their professional development.
- Our committee aims to reflect the varied careers of women physicists in industry, commerce, academia, teaching and research.
- The Group organises an annual meeting with discussions of topical interest.
- A regularly produced newsletter keeps members informed.
Our current concerns include:
- education at primary, secondary and tertiary level
- women in research and academia - especially those on short-term contracts
- career breaks
- career management workshops
- networking in the UK and Europe
The Women in Physics Group welcomes new members as well as suggestions for future events. Come and join us and help in our discussions.
To socialise, network and find out more about the Women in Physics Group, please like us on Facebook.