Shock Wave and Extreme Conditions Group
The Shock Wave and Extreme Conditions Group is interested in the novel aspects of the fundamentals and applications of science, engineering and technology, in all forms of matter, applicable to;
- Static High Pressures, Shock Waves, Blast, Energetic Materials
- Materials characterization across a range of strain rates
- High pressure or high-rate Materials Synthesis
- Development of Equations of State and Constitutive Models
- Effects of high energy and high-rate energy deposition
- High-speed transient phenomena
- Pressure, Energy, Temperature and Extreme Rates ranging from biological, soft systems to dislocation behaviour in single crystals.
This group seeks to facilitate research and discussion in these fields in the form of experimental, numerical (modeling) or theoretical developments and to initiate and develop links between physicists and other researchers in this multi-disciplinary area.