Particle Accelerators and Beams Group
The Particle Accelerators and Beams (PAB) Group aim to promote the professional standing of workers in the field of particle accelerators, through exposure, events, outreach and increased academic profile.
Collaboration and interdisciplinary working are encouraged, both across discipline and between the public and private sector, and to this end the group maintains a directory of members’ expertise which includes:
- Theory, research and design
- Teaching and training
- Technical and operational
- Industrial and Commercial
The Group’s interest areas include, but are not restricted to, the following topics:
- Accelerator technology, including magnets, pulsed power, and radio-frequency systems
- Advanced concepts for accelerators
- Applications of accelerators, especially medical and industrial
- Beam dynamics, including electrodynamics
- Circular colliders
- Control systems and accelerator operation
- High energy hadron accelerators
- Instrumentation for accelerators
- Low energy accelerators, including electrostatic, linear, and cyclotron accelerators
- Lepton accelerators, both electron and muon/neutrino
- Synchrotron radiation light sources, including free-electron lasers
- Particle sources for accelerators
The Particle Accelerators and Beams Group welcomes all members of the Institute involved in this topic to become members of this Group.
The Group organises a number of meetings each year, including an Annual Meeting, and topical meetings to aid progress in particular subjects of interest.
The group awards several prizes to recognise contribution to the field of particle accelerators and beams, nominated by Group memebers:
- an award for outstanding contribution to the field by a UK individual
- a PhD poster prize awarded at our annual meeting
The PAB Group publishes a regular newsletter, and encourages Group members to publicise items of interest to the community.
Follow us on Twitter.
View our YouTube channel.