IOP Business Forum
The Institute engages with businesses across the UK and Ireland to discuss the issues that matter to them.
Through round-table meetings and business briefings, the IOP Business Forum enables decision-makers from business, industry and the economy to hear, discuss and report on the impact of new physics or changes that affect physics-based businesses in the UK and Ireland. The meetings also allow members in business to bring fresh perspectives on Institute activities, from training teachers and promoting inclusivity, to understanding research priorities and influencing government policies.
Recent IOP Business Forum meetings
- Innovation for Growth (The Surrey Research Park, May 2013)
Recent IOP Business Forum discussion notes
- The UK’s innovation landscape: the impact on the North West (Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus, June 2012)
- The UK’s Innovation Landscape (Southampton University Science Park, April 2012)
- Negotiating the New Innovation Landscape (Oxford Harwell Science Park, September 2011)
- Physics in the North West (Daresbury Science and Innovation Campus, May 2011)
Details of future IOP Business Forum events can be found in the calendar.
Running alongside the IOP Business Forum, the Key Insight Business Briefings were high-profile meetings held at the Institute of Physics bringing together scientists, business people and policy makers to explore issues of government strategy, innovation and R&D, in the context of physics and technology-based industry.