REMS visit to The Henry Royce Memorial Foundation
14 March 2011
A group of 16 REMS members visited the Sir Henry Royce Memorial Foundation, located at the Hunt House in Paulerspury, Northamptonshire.
Hunt House, built around 1840, is a grade II listed building, formerly the headquarters of the Grafton Hunt and one of a set of estate buildings erected for the Duke of Grafton.
The Sir Henry Royce memorial Foundation, established in 1977, is a centre devoted to the life and works of Sir Frederick Henry Royce OBE and his colleagues and successors, with the aim of encouraging the very best in engineering practice.
The Foundation museum in holds many examples of Sir Henry’s work in the electrical, automotive and aeronautical fields including personal work and possessions. A prime example was the 1907 Silver Ghost, superbly exhibited. This was the first ever Silver Ghost. Our guide for day, Michael Peters.