IOP Carers Fund
As an IOP member you can apply for a grant of up to £250 to help you attend physics-related meetings, events or conferences that you might not otherwise be able to go to because you care for someone else.
We appreciate that the arrangements that you will put in place will be many and varied, and therefore do not wish to place restrictions on how the grant will be used.
Example uses of the grant could include:
- Extended hours for a child-minder/care worker to cover time when arriving home later than normal
- Babysitter costs
- Travel expenses for friends or relatives to come to you to look after dependents
- After school activities, clubs or play-schemes
We have designed the process to be straightforward and ask you to provide brief details of the event and a description of how the grant will be used.
- Applicant is an IOP member
- Used towards the costs associated with additional care
- A physics-related conference, meeting or event.
For full details of the fund please read the Carers Fund Guidance (PDF, 34 KB).
To apply for a grant from the fund please complete and return the Carers Claim Form (Word, 112 KB).
Please note that payments will be made after the event upon completion of a Carers Return Form.
If you would like more information about the fund please contact the Diversity Team by email on email@example.com or by phone on 020 7470 4842.