C R Barber Trust
The C R Barber Trust Fund is open to Associate Members of the Institute, who are in the early stages of their career, and who wish to attend an overseas conference.
The support given to successful applicants will normally cover only part of the expenses incurred in attending a conference and are intended to supplement grants from other sources. Grants can be used to cover any part of the conference attendance (travel, registration fees, accommodation).
Am I eligible?
- Grants will only be available only to research students who are Associate Members of the IOP. This scheme does not aim to support post-doctoral researchers or taught masters students.
- Grants are awarded only for overseas conferences of international standing and not national meetings (relative to the location of the applicant). Associate Members wishing to attend a conference held in their country of residence are not eligible for a grant from this Trust Fund.
- If you have been a recipient of a grant from the CR Barber Trust Fund previously then we are unable to accept further applications.
- Normally, not more than two applications from each college/university can be made to attend the same conference.
- Normally, no application for a grant will be considered unless the application was made at least one month prior to the date of the proposed conference.
How much is the grant worth?
Grants are fixed and are dependent on where the conference is located. For applications based in the UK the following amounts apply:
- £100 for conferences in Europe
- £175 for conferences in the USA/Canada
- £300 for conferences in the rest of the world
How can I apply
Details of how to apply and an application form can be found here (Word, 73 KB).
For further information please contact email@example.com.