The Phillips Award was established in 2011 to recognise individuals who have given distinguished service to the Institute of Physics (IOP).
Major C E S Phillips was one of the founders of the Institute of Physics in 1920 and served as Honorary Treasurer from 1929 to 1945. He was a distinguished pioneer in medical physics and also served as President of the British Institute of Radiology in 1930-31 and Honorary Secretary of the Royal Institution.
Awards shall be made for:
- Innovative ideas or activities which have made a major contribution to IOP objectives
- A leading role in one or more of the Groups, Divisions and Branches
- A leading role in the Institute’s formal governance - Council, its Boards and Committees
- A significant contribution to external influence of IOP
Nominations for 2015 are now open and close on Friday 5 June 2015. Download the nomination form.
- View the recipients of the award's citations.
last edited: March 17, 2015