The Best Practice in Professional Development Awards 2016 are open for entries
Rewarding your commitment, developing your people.
Application deadline: 30 June.
Why should you enter?
The IOP Best Practice in Professional Development Awards commend, celebrate and promote the very best in training and professional development opportunities for physicists. Winning a Best Practice Award is the ideal way to demonstrate your values when it comes to managing your people and showing your commitment to the vital role physics has to play in our society.
Who are the Best Practice Awards for?
To be in the running for the Best Practice Award, your organisation will need to:
- Demonstrate that it has a formal career path in place for physicists, such as a structured training scheme
- Show how you encourage the professional development of staff
- Recognise the specific skills of your people
- Promote a sensible work-life balance
- Demonstrate concrete steps to promote the value of physics in our society
The award is made to an organisation as a whole rather than a specific department, and is valid for three years. It is not limited to one winner per year. Awards are presented at the Institute’s annual awards dinner, and winners are profiled on our website and in our publications. Previous winners include AMEC Foster Wheeler, CRA Risk Analysis and Sharp Laboratories.
Watch this short film to find out more: