- 1893 Nikola Tesla gives the first public demonstration of radio
- 1896 Radioactivity is discovered by Henri Becquerel
- 1966 The Soviet Union’s Venera 3 space probe become the first to land on another planet when it crashes on Venus
- 1943 Birth of Richard H Price, the general-relativist known for his eponymous theorem that any inhomogeneities in the geometry of the spacetime around a black hole will be radiated away
- 1943 Birth of Rashid Sunyaev, known for his predictions of inverse Compton scattering in the cosmic microwave background radiation, along with Yakov Zel’dovich
Advanced Digital Imaging Laboratory Using MATLAB®
Listen to the IOP ebooksTM webinar with Professor Leonid Yaroslavsky.
Six months in, and 80% of UK library services sign up to Access to Research
10 million academic articles, including content from IOP Publishing, now included in the initiative.